May 06, 2016

Boston Jane: An Adventure by Jennifer L. Holm

Down here in North Carolina it's a pretty dreary day. Thunder booming, rain poring, sounds like a perfect kind of day to read a book, watch a movie, and do some blogging. I just finished reading Boston Jane: An Adventure by Jennifer L. Holm



















Now I usually only write reviews for books that I go crazy over, but I decided to change it up a bit. Boston Jane An Adventure wasn't really the best book. I would give it about 3 out of 5 stars. There wasn't really a plot which was kind of disappointing. The protagonist started out like a sweet little girl and turned into a shallow young lady. On the bright side there was no language! Shocking isn't? I can never find a book anymore with no language. Anyways I need to get back on track. Jane, the protagonist, wants to fit into Philadelphia's society and become a proper young lady. When William Baldt, the handsome young apprentice, proposes she accepts and prepares to join him wilds of the Pacific Northwest. Of course this is no place for a lady. After months at sea it takes to get there she realizes that this rough life has a few shocking surprises in store. This would be a great book for the ages 10+, but I don't think older teens would enjoy this book as much. Another thing I wasn't a fan of was the fact that the romance was so sudden! Like BAM this girl likes this guy then out of the blue he wants to marry her. Not my cup of tea. Of course I'm going to finish the trilogy because I have to find out what happens at the end. Haha! 


 photo Hannahcopy_zps44c72742.png

No comments:

Post a Comment