November 25, 2014

Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Hello lovelies! It's Aliah. Today I will be doing a review on the last book of the Heroes of Olympus series,  Blood of Olympus. I'm sure many of you here have read the books, but may not have read the last one, do to the fact that it just came out about a month ago. I borrowed it from a friend as soon as she finished reading it so I decided to share my thoughts with you.


Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen-all of them-and they're stronger than ever. They most be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood, the blood of Olympus, in order to wake. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed to much already. And if Gaea wakes, it's game over.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ~Goodreads
As I mentioned before, this is the last book in the second Percy Jackson series. The last series was incredible, and so were the other books in the second series. I have been looking forward to this book for over a year, and when I finally read it, I was surprisingly disappointed. I feel like Rick got a bit lazy on this book and just wanted to get it over with. I feel like everyone was defeated in 2 seconds (this is honestly not a spoiler; I mean, the heroes always win right?), there were no tragedies, and I feel like the adventures weren't really adventures. I also feel like Rick focused more on everyone but Percy and Annabeth who were really the whole point of this new series. He kind of just threw them aside and I feel like they didn't really have a main part in the whole saving the world thing. It's bad enough that everything ends here, but to have it a disappointment, really? Oh well. I'd probably give this book 3 1/2 starts out of 5. 
Romance: Level 3. Everyone has a boy/girlfriend, so there is quite a lot.
Violence: Another Level 3. It's not really bloody or anything, but there is quite a lot of fighting.
Language: Level 1. Nothing bad here.
Age: I would say maybe 10-11+ , depending on what your limits are. 

 photo Aliahcopy_zps66f9b641.png

1 comment:

  1. I just finished it last week! Gah it was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete