September 14, 2014

Book Review: Delirium

Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have in and when you dont--

In a future world, love or deliria is considered a disease. So, when you are eighteen, you get a surgery that prevents you from ever falling in love. Lena is excited to be free  from love after knowing what it did to her mother. Hhowever, when Lena falls in love herself she learns things. She doesn't believe in love as a disease anymore. It kills you when you have it and you don't.


This was a great book! The first hundred pages or so were a little slow but then the book paced up! It just kept you reading! The only thing I didn't like was that Lena kind of acted like the girl in fairytales who men are always saving. This annoyed me a bit but the book was still fabulous!!
 photo jollygirlsignature_zps882e46cb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment